Powered by Blogger.

Running: GE 5k and Citizens Bank 5k

 Monday, July 23, 2012

I am sure you are all thinking, where did this girl disappear to?? Well to say the least, the last few weeks have been extremely busy which left me very little time to write. Looks like a I have a lot of catching up to do!

Let's start with the two races that I ran in the last two weeks.

GE 5K Road Race - Sunday, July 15th at 9:00am.

This was an awesome race and the best part was running it with one of my closest friends and our mothers. It also benefited the Petit Family foundation and over 2500 people participated. The course was relatively flat and many houses had sprinklers runners could run through. It was very hot for a 9:00am race!

After we crossed the finish line, there were tons of booths with free food and gifts. All in all it was a great way to spend a Sunday morning!

Results:
Place: 1096     Time:  33:16 Division: 122/217






Citizens Bank 5k Summer Fun Run - Wednesday, July 15th at 6:30pm

Yes, you did read that correctly and it is not a typo. I ran a race on a Wednesday night after work. I know what you are thinking...and I probably am nuts! However, it was a great race for a Wednesday night. If you recall, that day was a huge mess - thunder, lightening, hail, ect. I thought for sure the race would be canceled. However, around 5:00pm the weather cleared and it turned out to be a beautiful night. The humidity disappeared and the air felt really clean.

The race itself was pretty challenging, probably one of the most challenging races I have run in a long time. The first two miles were a loop which included running a very large hill twice. I was so beat when I finished! It felt really great to run across that finish line.

Results:
Place: 350  Time:  33:43








0 comments:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP