Powered by Blogger.

Cleaning Out my Closet!

 Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Now that we have been in our new condo for over a month now, it was time for me to make the best use of the space we have. Yes this is much bigger than the apartment I was living in before (it is about double), but I am finding the closet to be super cramped! I should not have this problem!

I decided to go through my clothes and really take a look at what I wear and what is renting space in my closet. I know there were items in there that I have not worn in so long. I tossed around the idea of going to consignment shop and maybe getting some money for my gently used clothing, but I decided to go with donating. I would rather help individuals who need clothing than to get a couple of extra dollars for myself. I also related this mentality with my company's Purpose; "to make life better for the people that we serve."

Of course it was difficult to part with some of my clothes, but I knew I was not only going to benefit someone else and I was going to have a clean closet!


Here is the start of my donate pile...as you can see there are mainly jeans. Now that I have been in the working world for over a year now, I have found that I rarely have an opportunity to wear jeans. Most of my closet/dresser was jeans!

A much better looking jeans drawer! :)

In total, 3 bags of clothing and shoes donated!


A much better looking closet :) (Yes, I do take up the entire closet in our bedroom)

Cleaning out my closet felt great. I know at the end of the day I have benefited my community and made better use of the space in our room. Now hopefully Zach will not complain of my clothes being everywhere :) I can only hope!


How are you making use of your space in your home?

xoxo
- Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP