Powered by Blogger.

How to Get Your 5k Under 30 Minutes

 Thursday, June 7, 2012

As you know, over the past two years I have taken up running. It keeps my in shape, I get to be involved in my community, and it can be pretty scenic. However, if you have taken a look at my race page you will notice I only have one race under 30 minutes. With the Branford Road Race coming up, I really want to improve my race time. I leave a lot of things up for chance, but running just can't be one of them. Having a good performance during a road comes directly from training.

I have taken a look at some road race and 5k training website to create a foundation for my workout. There is the popularCouch to 5k program which can make a "runner" out of a "non-runner." I would categorize myself as something in between. I am definitely not a marathoner but I am certainly not a couch potato.

I did find one piece of information that I do need to implement into my weekly workout regimen.

The Long Run. It is not necessarily speed that leads to a better 5k time but endurance. The best way to build up endurance is to run longer than your race. Adding 2 long runs a week can help to cut the race time down. It definitely was not the news that I was looking for, but something that I am going to implement into my workout plan.

I will post my new exercise schedule and blog on my progress.

Stay tuned!!

Much love, xoxo
-Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP